Categories of Fellowship
Fellow: Retired faculty or librarians from the University of Toronto.
• Retired faculty and librarians from a degree-granting institution recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada or its equivalent in other countries
• Retired senior administrators from the University of Toronto
• Retired faculty and librarians from a knowledge-based institution or organization;
• Spouses, widows, or widowers of Members, Fellows and External Fellows.
Note: If applying to become an External Fellow as a retiree from another academic or knowledge-based institution or as a senior administrator from the University of Toronto, please submit a brief resume and letter of interest to the Senior College Registrar (email@example.com) prior to completing this application form.
The fees for Fellows and External Fellows are the same.
Annual Fees are payable in January.
The annual fee of $190 includes full membership in the Uof T Faculty Club which is required by the arrangement between Senior College and the Faculty Club.
Exceptionally, a reduced fee of $80 (that does not include membership in the Faculty Club) is payable in the following situations:
- Members of the Faculty Club whose membership fees are paid not by Senior College, but by another means, typically through the Joint Membership Plan;
- Spouses of Fellows or External Fellows, who come to the Faculty Club with their spouse (or who purchase a spousal membership card at the Faculty Club office in order to come without their spouse).
Note: Fellows and External Fellows who join between January and June pay the regular annual fee of $190.
Fellows and External Fellows who join between July and December pay a reduced fee of $80 at that time, and the regular annual fee in January of the next year.